[gtkada] portability of gtk

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Fri Jun 6 10:28:16 CEST 2003

Thomas De Contes <d.l.tDeContes at free.fr> wrote on 06/06/2003 (10:06) :
> interesting :-) ...
>
> so, do you know what gtkada team made with this function ?  is it
> deliberate ?  if not, why didn't they correct it, to make gtkada
> completely portable ?

I don't know. Perhaps it has something to do with the Gtk+.

> i say that because, it's very nice that it's nearly completely
> portable :-) but i don't have at my disposal all sort of systems, and
> then if it's not completely portable it can be annoying ...

I think GtkAda 2.x when it is finished is better. The reason is that it
handles fonts etc... much better and you have support for most language
through both UTF-8 and right to left typing etc...

But if you have one Windows and one Unix machine I think that should be
sufficient.

--
Preben Randhol -------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/Ada95 --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»