[gtkada] portability of gtk

Emmanuel Briot briot at act-europe.fr
Fri Jun 6 10:25:47 CEST 2003

> so, do you know what gtkada team made with this function ?
> is it deliberate ?
> if not, why didn't they correct it, to make gtkada completely portable ?

Nothing to do with the GtkAda or gtk+ teams.
If the system doesn't have the file rgb.txt that describes the match
between color names and components, it's not going to invent them.
We use Parse even on windows, except we don't use color names, just
thinks like "#010203".

You'll have to test your application on the various systems anyway. Even
if GtkAda itself is pretty portable, your code might have some
system-specific features in some places you haven't expected, so nothing
beats testing.