[gtkada] ANNOUNCE: GNAT Programming System

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Wed Jul 16 09:45:18 CEST 2003

Arnaud Charlet <charlet at ACT-Europe.FR> wrote on 16/07/2003 (09:08) :

> Ada Core Technologies and ACT Europe are pleased to announce the first
> public release of GPS, the GNAT Programming System IDE, for the
> GNU/Linux, Solaris and Windows platforms.
>
> Designed by programmers for programmers, the GPS IDE integrates the
> GNAT Ada 95 tools within a single visual development environment. GPS
> is Free Software. This version is intended for use in academic and
> Free Software projects.

Excellent work! It looks very nice so far!

One question the help widget looks very impressive. Any chance this can
be a seperate widget in GtkAda so all GtkAda programs can use this if
they want to by packing it ina window or similar. That would be really
nice! Btw. what is the source of the help files (tex)info or html? Sorry
haven't got around to look at all specifics.

PS: An announcement at www.gnome.org (and kde) on their footnews and/or
software map would be nice to attract also C and C++ users to gps.

--
Preben Randhol -------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/Ada95 --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»