[gtkada] GDK 2.2.0 and Event Handling

mrada mrada at catalina-inter.net
Tue Jul 15 21:28:25 CEST 2003

>On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:44:55  0200 Preben Randhol <randhol at pvv.org> wrote.
>Why are you only using GDK? What are you making?

I did software many years ago under X Windows and Motif which required a
lot of low-level programming.  When I switched over to GDK it was very
similar to the way I was doing the software at the time.  I liked that I
didn't have to learn something new (GTK).  Also what was nice was that I
could do the programming under Linux and Windows.  I haven't wanted to
upgrade it to a GTK way of doing things.  I basically write my own
widget creation software.  I like reinventing the wheel so to speak.  So
please no flame wars on my archaic way of doing things! :-)

Chris