[gtkada] ANNOUNCE: GtkAda 2.2.0 release

Chris Sparks mrada at catalina-inter.net
Mon Jul 7 05:58:21 CEST 2003

Well I think I figured partly what the problem was.  My personal
software uses only GDK and not GTK.
If you look at gtk.ads you'll see a bunch of Linker_Options.  Since I
don't use GTK the linker most likely
eliminates the object files as well as the linker options!  So when I
put those linker options into gdk.ads it
finds all the files.

On the other hand I have noticed that the event mechanism has changed
from previous incarnation.  I don't
seem to be getting any expose events when I use to get them before.  I
also had to change the gdk-event.ads
and gdk-event.adb files for "Get_Event_Type" subprogram.  It seems that
a seg vioation gets raised when I
use the original form.  I modified it to check to see if the Event
parameter is null prior to invoking "Internal" subprogram.

I am still puzzled about the expose event.  Even when I force an expose
event it still doesn't behave totally right.  Some of the animations I
do don't see to work.  And that darned application shell gets in the
way!  When I move it, it doesn't redraw......  Hence no expose events...

I also notice that my enter and leave events don't work either.

Very frustrating.  Many hours of work seems to have be wasted.  I hope
not.  Can anyone tell me the event mechanism and how it got changed.  It
might help me.

Chris