[gtkada] ANNOUNCE: GtkAda 2.2.0 release

Stephen Leake stephen_leake at acm.org
Sun Jul 6 21:23:50 CEST 2003

Stephen Leake <stephen_leake at acm.org> writes:

> Arnaud Charlet writes:
> > GtkAda 2.2.0 release
> > --------------------
>
> To echo all the others: Excellent! :)
>
> However, I have a request. In previous releases of GtkAda 2.0 source,
> there was a file listing the deprecated features of GtkAda. I don't
> see that file in the Windows distribution. In porting my apps to
> GtkAda 2.0, it would be helpful to have that list, so I know what
> needs changing.
>
> Maybe the deprecated features are marked in the source in some way?

Even without this list, I had no trouble upgrading my application (a
books database GUI, with ODBC MySQL back end).

I had to replace GEntry.Get_Chars with GEntry.Get_Text; otherwise, it
compiles, links, and runs!

I get one run-time warning:

** (books.exe:4294522367): WARNING **: Couldn't load font "MS Sans Serif 8" falling back to "Sans 8"

I'll see if I can find that in the docs.

Then I have to figure out how to use MDI and Drag'n'Drop, which were
not in Windows GtkAda 1.3. That will make my app comparable to the
Visual Basic one I wrote years ago :).

--
-- Stephe