[gtkada] ANNOUNCE: GtkAda 2.2.0 release

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Fri Jul 4 13:36:54 CEST 2003

"Alejandro. R. Mosteo Chagoyen" <alejandro at mosteo.com> wrote on 04/07/2003 (10:53) :
> Dicho por Preben Randhol:
> > Rob Veenker <veenker at xs4all.nl> wrote on 03/07/2003 (16:24) :
> >>
> >> Does anyone know of a tool that converts glade input files (xml) to
> >> the new glade-2 format ?
>
> > Yes as I understand there is one for Linux. Somebody mentioned it
> > earlier. HOWEVER! Note that some widgets are depreciated/obsolete in
> > GtkAda 2.2.0 so you need to change these.
>
> That means that Win32 users are deemed to rebuild our GUIs? :( Any
> chance of that Linux tool to compile under cygwin?

No it means that any user who wants to upgrade to GtkAda 2.2.0 has to
rebuild some parts of their GUI because of the major changes that was
done (and was needed) to Gtk+ from 1.2 to 2.2

> I see that the CList is deprecated? Am I supposed to use
> Tree_view/store/model? It seems that the support for it in glade-2 is
> not as good as it was for CList... Just wondering, I don't know Gtk+
> really.

You should change Clist yes.

--
Preben Randhol -------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/Ada95 --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»