[gtkada] Compatibility GtkAda 1.x <-> 2.0

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Thu Jan 23 23:33:21 CET 2003

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 10:26:54PM +0000, Gautier de Montmollin wrote:

> Hello!

Hi!

> The 1.x version is easier to manage for a beginner,
> but surely the 2.x will one day replace the 1.x .

Sure. And I guess Gtk 2.x will replace 1.x very fast on Unix-systems.

> question is: are there major incompatibilities or can one
> begin with 1.x and continue later with 2.x ?

Yes :) GtkAda-2.0 does not compile on windows, yet. Some calls have
changed, but this is because they have changed in GTK, too.

I would suggest writing in Gtk-2.x if possible.

--
mail: adi at thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

Lieber 'ne Biene im Bett als 'ne Mücke im Schlafzimmer