[gtkada] New Fileselector

Arnaud Charlet charlet at ACT-Europe.FR
Mon Feb 24 15:07:31 CET 2003

> Hmm I thought 2.2 was many a bug-fixed version of 2.0.

No, there are API additions, such as support for multiple displays.

> Looks like they want 6 months cycles. For a library this is kind of
> short I think. Especially if they intend to break the API each time and
> thus forcing everybody to keep porting their applications again and
> again.

The intent is to stay as compatible as possible from now on. See e.g.
the 2.0 -> 2.2 transition which is pretty smooth (no API breakage at all).

The 1.2 -> 2.0 transition was indeed painful because there was many (needed)
API clean ups. Hopefully there will be less and less API breakage (mainly
API additions) in future versions.

Arno