[gtkada] New Fileselector

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Mon Feb 24 14:53:50 CET 2003

Arnaud Charlet <charlet at ACT-Europe.FR> wrote on 24/02/2003 (14:34) :
> > Ah I didn't know. Where can I find the discussion? On the other hand if
>
> Probably somewhere in the gnome software map.

http://people.redhat.com/otaylor/fosdem2003/file-selector.html

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2003-February/msg00094.html

I'll read through it and add any comments I might have to them.

> No, 2.4 will be released much faster. Look at the delay between 2.0 and
> 2.2 (about 6 to 9 monthes) for instance.

Hmm I thought 2.2 was many a bug-fixed version of 2.0.

Looks like they want 6 months cycles. For a library this is kind of
short I think. Especially if they intend to break the API each time and
thus forcing everybody to keep porting their applications again and
again.

--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»