[gtkada] GtkAda 2.0 on Windows?

Jeffrey Creem jeff at thecreems.com
Fri Feb 7 02:51:16 CET 2003

use the CVS version and pay careful attention to the INSTALL notes related
to windows.

The file says

(cd src; patch -p0 < ../contrib/gtkada-2.0-win32.diff)
   $ CC='gcc-3.2 -mms-bitfields' ./configure --prefix=<install_dir> \
       --build=i386-pc-mingw32
   $ make install

Do the patch as suggested but then do (assuming SH or BASH shell)

CC='gcc-3.2 -mms-bitfields'
export CC
./configure --prefix=<install_dir>   --build=i386-pc-mingw32 --target=i386-p
c-mingw32
make
make install

Not sure the -- target is really needed with the --build..But that is what I
did and it worked.
Also the CC redefine is very important and is the primary source of your
problem.