[gtkada] Columned lists

Michael Gonzalez mgh at unican.es
Fri Dec 26 09:43:56 CET 2003

Hello:

I am trying to convert a GtkAda application written with GtkAda1.x and
glade to GtkAda 2.2.1.

My old application has a lot of "columned list" widgets, which are now
deprecated in the new gtk :-(

I used the libglade-convert utility to convert the original glade
project into glade-2, but I get a lot of error messages of the type

   "(glade-2:7252): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkContainerClass::add not
   implemented for `GtkTreeView' "

and then I find that the columns that I had defined in my old columned
lists have disappeared in the new project.

In addition, when I try to generate a new "List or Tree View" in
glade-2, I cannot find the way to add new columns or change the lables
of the existing ones.

What should I do to convert my application to the new gtk? Do I need
to get rid of the old glade project and do all the changes directly by
modifying the code?

Are the new GtkTreeView objects not supported in glade-2, or am I
missing something?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Michael Gonzalez.