[gtkada] Puzzled about GtkLabel in GtkAda 2.0

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Fri Apr 25 12:20:06 CEST 2003

Emmanuel Briot <briot at act-europe.fr> wrote on 25/04/2003 (11:23) :

> I do not have anything specific to this issue. What I generally do
> when I get a gtk+ warning is to break on g_log in the debugger and
> examine the backtrace. I don't really understand what program is

I'll try that. Not sure what g_log is, but I'll check with the
documentation. Thanks.

> emitting the warning, I assume it is gate itself, but since you
> haven't sent your XML file, there is not much we can tell you through
> the limited output you sent.

It doesn't matter which XML one use. The problem is with this code:

from gtk_generates.adb

   procedure Misc_Generate (N : Node_Ptr; File : File_Type) is
      function Build_Type return Glib.GType;
      pragma Import (C, Build_Type, "gtk_misc_get_type");

   begin
      Widget := Widget_New (Build_Type);   <-- Here it crashes

Error message that I get in gdb is :

(gate:2999): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot create instance of abstract (non-instantiatable) type `GtkMisc'

0x405e1a33 in g_datalist_id_get_data () from /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0

But could you tell me what this Misc_Generate is supposed to do?

--
Preben Randhol -------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/Ada95 --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»