[gtkada] TR: gate for GtkAda 2.0.0

Ludovic Brenta ludovic.brenta at insalien.org
Wed Apr 9 15:49:00 CEST 2003

Emmanuel Briot <briot at ACT-Europe.FR> writes:

> Sorry if I sounded aggressive, I really wasn't.

No offense taken.

> In fact, I realize now we are not speaking of the same thing.
> The patch you contributed, and that indeed was integrated in CVS, was
> related to make compatible with gtk+2.0 the code generated by glade 2.0.
> This was also done, I believe separately from your patch, by changes in
> gtk-generates.adb
>
> However, no patch was added, to the best of my knowledge, to make GtkAda
> compatible with the XML files generated by glade 2.0, an example of
> which was sent by Preben. This would involve changes to
> gtk-generates.adb, and there are no such check ins...

Well, my patch was precisely about reading the XML files.  Few changes
were necessary, because most of the work is done by libglade2.  I did
the following tests, which worked:

- hello world compiled against GtkAda 1.2.12 and reading an XML file
  generated by glade 0.6 (works out of the box)

- hello world compiled against GtkAda 2.0.0 and reading a libglade2
  XML file.  Does not work, because GtkAda 2.0.0 uses libglade1.

- same hello world compiled against GtkAda CVS HEAD and reading the
  same libglade2 XML file.  Works, thanks to my and Arnaud's patch.

Since I don't have glade2 handy, I generated the libglade2 XML file by
converting the libglade1 XML file.  In Debian GNU/Linux, the libglade2
package comes with a utility to do this: /usr/bin/libglade-convert.

Here is the start of the thread on this list:

http://lists.act-europe.fr/pipermail/gtkada/2003-February/001928.html

Since I was concerned only with reading XML files using libglade2, you
are probably correct about generating them from gate; this is what
gtk_generates.ad[sb] does, right?

--
Ludovic Brenta.