[gtkada] TR: gate for GtkAda 2.0.0

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Wed Apr 9 12:29:42 CEST 2003

Emmanuel Briot <briot at ACT-Europe.FR> wrote on 09/04/2003 (12:22) :
> I believe it does. There is a subprogram Get_Attribute which should
> accomplish this.  It doesn't provide automatic support for "id"
> attributes (ie unique in the file), but this can easily be done in the
> Glade2 support part through a hash-table.
>
> Looking at the example you sent (with the <property> tags), there are
> several ways to do it in GtkAda: - either use Set_Property interface,
> which gives a straightforward translation from XML to Ada, with a
> small cost when executing the application

You mean the Set_Property in glib-generic_properties.ads right? I have
the GtkAda.cvs (this is the latest sources right?). I'll print it out
and have a readthrough tonight to get a bit more familiar with gate and
glib.

> The changes are probably not major, in fact, but it still requires a
> few days worth of work probably. Initial contributions are certainly
> welcome, since the GtkAda team is pretty busy these days on GPS, the
> new IDE for GNAT. This is by the way what has been driving most of the
> port to gtk+2.0, and since we do not use the GUI builder we haven't
> had a need for it yet.

I see. :-)

--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»