[gtkada] TR: gate for GtkAda 2.0.0

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Wed Apr 9 12:08:50 CEST 2003

Emmanuel Briot <briot at ACT-Europe.FR> wrote on 09/04/2003 (11:53) :
> On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 11:13, Ludovic Brenta wrote:
>
> > Yes; you need GtkAda's latest sources from CVS to get glade2
> > support.  This support will be included in the next release.
>

> Good news ! We didn't even have to do it (and in fact nobody did it,
> so I am quite surprised that the support for Glade2 would be there).
> Please check your information.

I was looking a bit at what had changed and here is an example:

(Glade for 1.2)

<widget>
  <class>GtkWindow</class>
  <name>window1</name>
  <title>window1</title>

(Glade for 2.0)

<widget class="GtkWindow" id="window1">
  <property name="visible">True</property>
  <property name="title" translatable="yes">window1</property>

Does Glib.xml support enough of XML to parse a glade2 XML file or does
it need to be improved first. I'm wondering as I would like to try to
port gate to the glade2 format, but if glib.xml needs to be improved
first I'll wait.

Thanks in advance

Preben

--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»