[gtkada] How do I include directory browse functionality in my GUI without the GNOME widgets?

manuel.op.de.coul at eon-benelux.com manuel.op.de.coul at eon-benelux.com
Fri Nov 8 16:03:09 CET 2002

You could of course use the basic file selection dialog,
but it's rather spartan and if you make a Windows port,
you're guarantueed to get complaints about it :-)

It's also rather slow with large directories (on Windows more
than Unix), which made me decide to write my own dialog.
You're welcome to use it, but it's a bit application-
specific, so you'd need a few hours maybe to remove those
aspects, and select the packages that it depends on.
Some features are a directory combo, directory-up button,
tab file name completion and a file type combo. And it's
portable.

Manuel