[OT] Mailinglist for Ada programming? (was Re: [gtkada] configura tion files)

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Mon May 27 17:59:33 CEST 2002

"Ebert, Rolf" <rolf.ebert at bms.de> wrote on 27/05/2002 (15:19) :
> Although I do not regard .ini files as typical Unix configuration files, I
> do use them in my programs on Windows as on Unix, too.
>
> I recently had a look at Java property files.  They are simpler in structure
> as
> - there are no section marks like [section]
> - values can only be text strings
>
> A hierarchy of values is achieved by having a package prefix in dot notation
> for the keys, like:
> dirsync.gui.show_ignored=true
> dirsync.gui.view_selection=all

Yes, looks nice, but how does it work? I mean do you read the whole file
into memory and then use:

   View_Selection := Value_Of(dirsync.gui.view_selection, True);

To get the values you want?

Can you explain the Section, Mark and Default of the Value_Of as I don't
understand them.

--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»