[gtkada] Strict Gtk-2.0.0 or will 2.0.2 work as well?

Jeremy Cowgar develop at cowgar.com
Tue Jun 4 17:32:40 CEST 2002

I have Gtk 2.0.2 installed and am running into a problem using gate to
make Ada sources. Before I submit a bug report, I am curious if my error
is that I am not running 2.0.0 (2.0.2 installed) like the README says or
if it is a genuine error, or if I am using it wrong.

Two way's I made it:

Glade-1.1.0 (glade-2):

Clicked Window, and added a text box. then:

$ gate project2.glade
Generating Ada files...
Exception = CONSTRAINT_ERROR GATE: Internal error. Please send a bug
report with the XML file /home/jeremy/Projects/project2/project2.glade
and the GtkAda version to gtkada at ada.eu.org
Couldn't parse /home/jeremy/Projects/project2/project2.glade Exiting.

I did the same with Glade 0.6.4 (non-Gtk2) and all worked fine but as
soon as I add a menu entry I get:

Generating Ada files...

(gate-in.exe:14775): GLib-GObject-WARNING **:
gsignal.c:1005:g_signal_lookup(): unable to lookup signal "activate" of
unloaded type `GtkMenuItem'
Couldn't generate Ada code. Exiting.

So I'm not certian what the problem is, wheter I should submit a bug
report like the first says or if it's my error.

Thanks for any input.

Jeremy