[gtkada] Creating a file selector for multiple files

Christophe Baillon cbaillon at itris.fr
Mon Feb 11 18:11:47 CET 2002

I think a lot of gtk users have this problem, for professional
applications.

We have written too our File selector (quickly) for an
industrial application, one year ago, because the gtk one is not
very usable for the customer.

So, i think it would be good to have a fileselector like qt,
with a lot of customisations, specific to gtkada.

Is someone can take time to write it ?

Soon or later, i will have to do a qt like file selector, for
personal (and professional) use. (under GPL obviously !)

Regards

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:25:10 +0100
manuel.op.de.coul at eon-benelux.com wrote:

> >how do I create a file selector where I can select multiple files?
>
> You'd have to write it yourself probably. I find the
> current Gtk.File_Selection to be inadequate for a real
> application. And I'm anxious to know if Gtk 2.0 will
> provide a better one. If it doesn't, I'm probably
> going to make a better one myself.

***  Christophe Baillon       ***
***  ITRIS                    ***
***  Informatique Temps Réel  ***