[gtkada] lgthread problem

Preben Randhol randhol at pvv.org
Tue Dec 10 20:51:06 CET 2002

Sami EVANGELISTA <evangeli at cnam.fr> wrote on 10/12/2002 (17:06) :
> hi everybody
>
> i have tried to use the Gdk.Threads package for a multi-threaded
> application. But when i compile with the -lgthread option as in :

You don't need to do that. Only do:

gnatmake -gnatf checker `gtkada-config`

not that it must be ` and not ' or " or '.

if you don't get it to work do:

gnatmake -gnatf checker -I/usr/include/gtkada -I/usr/lib/gtkada -largs -L/usr/include/gtkada -L/usr/lib -lgtkada -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk -lgdk -rdynamic -lgmodule -lglib -ldl -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lm

> gnat 1.13
       3.13 I suppose.
> i have tried to reinstall gtk and gtkada but the problem persist.
> i have also found the libgthread-2.0.so.0.0.6 in my /usr/lib directory
> does anybody have an idea of the problem?

You don't need to link in the gthreads. Look at my klokka example it
includes Gdk.Threads. You can also use the Makefile there only change
the program name.

URL => http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/Ada95/Klokka/

--
Preben Randhol ------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
                 «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»