[gtkada] Running GtKAda on a Win32 box drawing on an X11 Server ??

prsa at systems.saab.se prsa at systems.saab.se
Wed Apr 10 11:29:06 CEST 2002

I am aware that work will be involved, What magnitude of work do you think
it will be to implement an X11 backend more the 500 hours?

Unforunate that is currently not not an option to run VMware.

To decribe the problem in mode detail.
Whe application running under win32 is a  >1 000 000 lines of code system
currently running on an  NT-network.
And the aim of the new project is to reuse (by linking) the existing
components  and make a new MMI drawing on an X-server instead of the Win32
console.

/Per

                      Arnaud Charlet
                      <charlet at ACT-Europe.F        To:       gtkada at lists.act-europe.fr
                      R>                           cc:
                      Sent by:                     Subject:  Re: [gtkada] Running GtKAda on a Win32 box drawing on an
                      gtkada-admin at lists.ac         X11 Server ??
                      t-europe.fr

                      2002-04-10 10:22
                      Please respond to
                      gtkada

> Does anyon know if the folowing has been done ?

This has not been done.

> Write an application using GtkAda to build and verify a GUI under Win32.
> Relink that applicatin  using other low-level primitives to draw on an
X11
> server instead.

You would need a Gtk+ built under windows, but for an X11 back end.
Theoretically possible, but certainly a significant amount of work.

I'd suggest you use linux machines instead, with a virtual machine such as
VMWare to run both linux and windows at the same time (or the other way
around: run Windows, and Linux in a virtual machine).

Arno