[gtkada] GtkAda / Advice on Linux Flavor

Girard Henri henrigirard at yahoo.fr
Tue Nov 27 20:21:10 CET 2001

Hi :)
Mandrake has a lot of programms and is very easy to
install (M8.1)... But never forget that your
peripheral mustn't be too recent !! If you want to
find the apropriate driver...
Redhat 7.1 : No much different with m8.1... Both have
a big disavantage : gcc 2.96... But you can install
gcc 3.0.1
Suse : I can't download it yet... But a german friend
says it's the best !!! lol
Caldera : very near UNIX... A good one too... But I
had difficulty to install all needed libs for
compiling... But I am too used to M8.1 which has a
perfect software manager... Even better than on
windows platform !!!
BearOps : Interesting one... redhat foundations...
Connectiva.. Idem...
But if you are a newbie to "linux" I would advice to
you M8.1... It's a heavy one (3 cdroms) but very easy
to install... I installed kylix 2 which is like delphi
6
enjoy :)
Henri

 --- ANH_VO at udlp.com a écrit : > Now, I have a bit