[gtkada] Spinbuttons

manuel.op.de.coul at eon-benelux.com manuel.op.de.coul at eon-benelux.com
Fri Jan 19 16:08:36 CET 2001

I have a question about spinbuttons. It seems that the options
Set_Numeric(.., False) and Set_Update_Policy(.., Update_If_Valid)
are rather useless, because if you enter a nonnumeric text, it is
suddenly changed to something numeric if the focus moves away from
the spinbutton. This is not "update if valid" the way I see it.
The reason I ask is that in my application, objects can be referred
numbers and names. Mostly numbers will be used, so a spinbutton is
useful, but I would still like to be able to enter a name, and read
it as a Gtk_Entry. Will this be fixed in the future?
Spinbuttons have no section in the Reference Manual, I hope later.

Thanks,

Manuel Op de Coul