[gtkada] Some problems on Win98

manuel.op.de.coul at eon-benelux.com manuel.op.de.coul at eon-benelux.com
Mon Jan 15 15:08:14 CET 2001

The GtkAda application I'm developing runs quite satisfactory on Tru64
Unix, despite some problems. When I compiled it under Windows 98 there
were more problems, making me fear I have to wait for another Gtk(Ada)
version. I'm using the latest versions now.

The most serious problem occurs in a call to Gdk.Event.Get_String during
a callback for a key_press_event. It raises the exception
Gdk.Event.Invalid_Field:gdk_event.adb:469
every time I hit the Return key. I don't know why; it should return a
String with Ascii.Cr in it.

A warning is written to the DOS-window:
Gtk-warning: gtk_widget_grab_default() called on a widget not within a
Gtk window.
(I'm not aware of having widgets outside windows).

Many critical warnings are written to the DOS-window:
assertion 'child!=NULL' failed.
This comes from different C-files.

The horizontal scrollbar of a Gtk.Text widget doesn't work. I doesn't
appear when Policy_Automatic is used, and it stays unchanged when
Policy_Always is used, and lines are longer than the window width.
Lines still wrap in this case. It neither works under Tru64 Unix.
Unfortunately, I need this to work for my application.

Cheers,

Manuel Op de Coul