[gtkada] bitmaps problem

Jorge_Mendez at praxair.com Jorge_Mendez at praxair.com
Mon Jan 8 23:46:06 CET 2001

Arno,

Thanks for your help. I tested gimp but uncsuccessfully. Which is the correct
file name extension compatible with pixbuf?

Jorge.

Arnaud Charlet <charlet at ACT-Europe.FR> con fecha 04/01/2001 07.42.53

Por favor, responda a gtkada at gtkada.eu.org

Destinatarios: gtkada at gtkada.eu.org
CC:        (cci: Jorge Mendez/MEX/NA/Praxair)
Fax to:
Pager to:

Asunto:   Re: [gtkada] bitmaps problem

> I have little experience with glade and need to include an image (bmp or pcx)
in
> my application. In early applications I have created the images using pixmap,
> but now the images I need are some complicated and large to be recreated with
> pixmap. Is there any way to convert from bmp or pcx into a pixmap format? I am
> using glade 0.5.9 and GtkaAda 1.2.10

To convert, use an image converter. This is out of the scope of GtkAda.
Any image converter (xv, gimp, ...) will do here.
The approach that Emmanuel mentioned are also an interesting alternative
if you do want to use the original bmp files and you have pixbuf available.

Arno