[gtkada] option menu

manuel.op.de.coul at eon-benelux.com manuel.op.de.coul at eon-benelux.com
Fri Jan 5 15:02:17 CET 2001

I need some help with package Gtk.Option_Menu. How this is to be used
isn't at all obvious to me. To begin with, there is no counterpart
to procedure Set_History, for example a Get_History giving the index
of the selected option. The documentation for this package also hasn't
got an example.
So I go to Gtk.Menu and find Get_Active which gives a Gtk_Menu_Item.
Then how to compare the current active item against my list of options?
The package Gtk.Menu_Item has no documentation at all in the RM.
The code produced by Glade doesn't contain Gtk_Menu_Item's to compare
against.
Then I look how it's done in Testgtk, but this looks very cumbersome to
me. Each menu item gets a separate callback handler. Again no support for
this in Glade. The event attached, "activate", is also not listed in
gtk-widget.ads, so one doesn't know which kind of handler should be
attached.
Am I overlooking something? Who knows where to get a function returning
an option number?
Thanks,

Manuel Op de Coul