[gtkada] Viewport problems

Emmanuel Briot briot at ACT-Europe.FR
Tue Dec 4 12:28:34 CET 2001

daniel holmstrom <s99d at student.informatik.gu.se> writes:

> I'm trying to use a Scrolled_Widows vertical Adjustment to scroll a
> widget in a viewport simultaneously as the widget in the
> Scrolled_Window. Both widgets has the same height.
>
> But the viewport is always the same size as the widget in it, There's
> probably something I'm missing here, but I've tried to read the source(c)
> for gtk-scrolled-window without any success.
> Could someone help me with this, please.

In the last paragraph above, do you really mean the size ? The adjustments do
not affect the size of your widget, they just affect which part of the widget
is currently visible.

In the sources of gtkscrolledwindow.c, you should especially look at the
gtk_scrolled_window_size_request and gtk_scrolled_window_size_allocate
routines, since these are the ones that handle the resizing of the widget.