[gtkada] Generating source code from GLADE Tool Bar

daver at ghg.net daver at ghg.net
Tue Aug 14 13:36:11 CEST 2001

Okay, I've tried every thing I can think of to solve this.  I could really use
some help.

Problem:

When I select either the tool bar 'Generate source' icon or the menu
item 'File -> Write Source Code' after saving the file, I get the following in
an error window:

"Couldn't parse D:/GtkAda-1.3.11/examples/daves_dir/cal_example/D:\GtkAda-1.3.11
\examples\daves_dir\cal_example\cal_ex.glade"

when I close the window another window pops up with the following:

"Error running gate to generate the Ada 95 sourcecode."
"Check that you have gate installed and that it is in your PATH."

I can go into a command window and go to the cal_example directory and issue
the command 'gate cal_ex.glade' from the command line and it will work
(generate the source code in the subdirectory 'src').  I can then fill out the
generated code with my functions, etc., compile and build and run just fine.
This is not isolated to just this directory or project.  I have built a
serveral examples to use GTK, GTK-Ada, GLADE, Gnat, ..., and I have the save
problem with all of them; I can generate the source from a command window using
gate, but can't from the GLADE window.

I have checked, and rechecked, the PATH setting, the project options, including
the project directory, and to the best I can figure out they are set up
correctly.  While I can get 'gate' to work from the command line, I really want
to be able to do it from the GLADE window.  I don't know if this is a GtkAda
issue or a Gtk+ issue.

Anyone got any advice.

I'm running Win2000, GNAT 3.13p, and GtkAda-1.3.11 for Windoze. I have the
following environment variables set up:

"ADA_INCLUDE_PATH=D:\GtkAda-1.3.11\lib"
"ADA_OBJECTS_PATH=D:\GtkAda-1.3.11\lib"
"PATH=C:\Program Files\... ;D:\GNAT\BIN;D:\usr\bin;d:\glide;D:\gtkada-1.3.11
\bin;D:\jgnat-1.1p\bin;..."

Thanks,

Dave Retherford