[gtkada] Strange behavior in Windows 2000?

MCL boris at aaron.ls.fi.upm.es
Tue Aug 7 14:33:34 CEST 2001

    I would like to report what I think is a bug somewhere ---
probably in Windows 2000.  I have an application which does extensive
output on a set of scrollable text widgets (with edit permissions
turned off) placed in a window.  Each of these widgets is assigned to
a different task, which delivers contents (just text) to it.

    The window and its contents are, however, directly accessed by a
single task which waits for input provided the other tasks and talks
to the GtkAda layer.  It has a timed wait, so every X time units it
falls back to a window refresh loop, attending window events, and the
goes back to the (timed) waiting state.  This task is also in charge
of setting up the window; there are no concurrency problems involved
in the access to the graphical primitives.

    However, after some time running, the graphical output starts to
appear off-window, leaving garbage in other parts of the screen
(mainly in the upper left corner), and the output in other parts of
the window appears garbled as well.  Lots of warnings appear in the
console I launched the application from).

    The same program runs much better in Windows NT (with warnings
about objects which could not be deleted, but at least with no funny
things around), and it runs flawlessly in Linux.

    I am running the latest versions of Gnat and GtkAda.

    Any hints?

        MCL