[gtkada] Fwd: Hypertext widgets

Jeff Creem jeff at thecreems.com
Sun Aug 12 16:07:28 CEST 2001

There are two Gtk based Hypertext widgets that I know of
CscHTML and GtkHTML. I have not used either one. I think GtkHTML requires
GNOME.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/gtkhtml/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/cschtml/

In any case it sounds like you want really more than an HTML widget since
you want a database query. I suspect (although I do not know for sure) that
you would
need a web server behind these to support it. Also you would need to create
bindings to them
as well (using the tools that come with GtkAda).

You might be better off creating your own (perhaps based on the source code
from one of
these two widgets). Or, for limited clickable text with database searches
only (no inline images,
javascript, etc) you probably can just create one from scratch pretty easily
using GtkAda directly.