[gtkada] Version 1.3.12 of GTKAda for Windows

Chris Sparks mrada at catalina-inter.net
Fri Aug 3 23:50:22 CEST 2001

Hi,

I just installed 1.3.12 and I still find an error in the
Gdk.Get_Event_Type procedure that I saw back in 1.3.8.  When I use this
function after knowing that I have an event pending, needing to be
processed, I get a access violation.

In 1.3.8, here was the source code:

   function Get_Event_Type (Event : in Gdk_Event) return Gdk_Event_Type
is
      function Internal (Event : in C_Proxy) return Gdk_Event_Type;
      pragma Import (C, Internal, "ada_gdk_event_get_type");
   begin
        return Internal (Event.Ptr);
   end Get_Event_Type;

This is how I fixed it:

   function Get_Event_Type (Event : in Gdk_Event) return Gdk_Event_Type
is
      function Internal (Event : in C_Proxy) return Gdk_Event_Type;
      pragma Import (C, Internal, "ada_gdk_event_get_type");
   begin
      if Event.Ptr /= null then
        return Internal (Event.Ptr);
      else
        return Nothing;
      end if;
   end Get_Event_Type;

I don't understand why I get a null coming back, however, without this
fix my software doesn't work.

Can you please fix this?

Chris Sparks