[gtkada] some questions...

Arnaud Charlet charlet at ACT-Europe.FR
Wed Aug 1 15:42:56 CEST 2001

> So, the comment
>    --  To justify a single line label, you should instead change the
> properties
>    --  of the container handling the label (box, table, ...).
> is not entirely accurate, because these are still the label properties.
> Looking at the specs for box and table didn't give me an indication
> how to do it either.

Indeed, we've made the following change:

<<
   procedure Set_Justify (Label : access Gtk_Label_Record;
                          Jtype : in Enums.Gtk_Justification);
   --  Set the justification for the label.
   --  The default value is Justify_Center, which means that the text will be
   --  centered in the label. Note that this setting has an impact only when
   --  the Gtk_Label is larger than the text (its default width is the same
   --  as the text) and contains multiple lines.
   --  To justify a single line label, you should instead call Set_Alignment
   --  and make sure that the label fills its horizontal allocated space.

Any suggestion for making it clearer is welcome (even if most people do not
read the documentation ;-).

Arno