[gtkada] Getting the Return key in a Gentry widget?

manuel.op.de.coul at eon-benelux.com manuel.op.de.coul at eon-benelux.com
Mon Apr 23 12:45:46 CEST 2001

>I'm wondering if it is possible to add an callback for when the user
>hits Return in a Gentry box. I guess I can use button_press_event, but
>then I have to check each letter the user types.

No, that should be key_press_event. I have the same situation in my
application and I just check against Gdk_Return. If you think further
you might imagine some other keys to do useful things at the same
time. I have the arrow up and down key which cycles a command history
buffer for example which is checked in the same if-statement.

Manuel Op de Coul