[gtkada] Delaying screen updates for drawing area

Emmanuel Briot briot at gnat.com
Wed Apr 4 16:35:07 CEST 2001

Kay M writes:
 > I am in a windows system, double buffer demo crashes as soon as loaded, so i
 > cant do anything with it ?...

Right, sorry, I forgot that you had mentionned that fact.
OK, the demo probably needs to be fixed, but I don't have a windows machine
around for now.

However, the double-buffer technics also works on windows. GVD uses a similar
approach, although it doesn't use the Gtk_Double_Buffer demo directly.
You might want to look into the Gtkada.Canvas.Interactive_Canvas widget, which
does its own buffering and works perfectly fine on windows. But it is a more
complex example :-)

Cheers,