[gtkada] Preserving background pixmap when animating

Emmanuel Briot briot at gnat.com
Mon Apr 2 11:19:12 CEST 2001

 > I have a background pixmapped GtkDrawingArea. I am Draw_Pixmp()ing
 > pixmaps on to it to achieve animation. The function also uses transparency,
 > so the background pixmap show through.

You might want to look at the examples/doublebuffer directory in the GtkAda
distribution. This provides a non-flickering drawing area that you might want
to try in your program. Things could probably be optimized a bit, so feel free
to modify the demo.
But at least it will give you a good view on how things should be done.