[gtkada] Preserving background pixmap when animating

Kay M passhark at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 1 09:23:59 CEST 2001

I have a background pixmapped GtkDrawingArea. I am Draw_Pixmp()ing
pixmaps on to it to achieve animation. The function also uses transparency,
so the background pixmap show through.

Problem is becaese of transparancy a frame overlapping effect is viewed (
the old frames stay). What I need is to clear the drawing
area everytime a new frame is drawn,... If i do this i get flicker.
I need to  some how write the background pixmap onto the transparent
part of the gdk_bitmap mask OR! somehow draw onto the drawing area
freshly (like th first frame) everytime (all frames)

Does anyone know how to do this. or to preserve/redraw background pixmaps in
animation.