[gtkada] Re: About compilation problem with gdk-pixbuf >0.0.6

Philippe CASIDY pcasidy at casidy.com
Thu Sep 7 19:34:57 CEST 2000

On  7 Sep, To: gtkada at gtkada.eu.org I wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to know if someone is working on the problem?
>
> I have made a few investigations so far and something looks really
> strange.
>
> The compiler stops with the following message:
>
> misc_pixbuf.c: In function `ada_gdk_pixbuf_get_art_pixbuf':
> misc_pixbuf.c:13: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
>
> If I compile with -E option I can follown which definitions are
> included:
>
> line 13 is return pix->art_pixbuf;
> pix is of type GdkPixbuf*
> and
> line 45 gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf.h
> typedef struct _GdkPixbuf GdkPixbuf;
>
> whith no definition of struct _GdkPixbuf !!
>
> Let me know if someone is already working on it before I try to contact
> some gdk-pixbuf people by myself.

Well, after a few investigations, I can say that the ArtPixBuf is
obsolete and GdkPixBuf is private.

Here is what can be found in the Changelog of gdk-pixbuf:

        * gdk-pixbuf/gnome-canvas-pixbuf.c (gnome_canvas_pixbuf_render):
        Use art_rgb_rgba_affine() or art_rgb_affine() since we no longer
        have an ArtPixBuf

I will look forward why it is used and what can be done instead. But if
someone feels more confortable than me with the sources of gtkAda, I
will be glad to wait :)

Phil.