[gtkada] using init_add, making it stop and wait to get info

Emmanuel Briot briot at gnat.com
Mon Oct 2 12:15:32 CEST 2000

caleb baker writes:
 > i'm trying to get a wait for signals command effect and i don't know how to
 > do it?
 > i've used the idle_add func to add 2 functions to do when it i idle and the
 > init_add procedure to add an initialise procedure, this is a popup window
 > which i want to get info from the user via a Gentry, but i get the info when
 > they hit enter, but i can't seem to set a command to wait for that signal as
 > it's in the initialise procedure and u need to call Gtk.Main.Main to do this
 > and then this just ignores my popup window.
 > Is there a way to wait for a command without calling Main or any ideas on
 > how to do this, maybe using a loop or something??

I am not quite sure what you expect here, but it seems like you want to popup
a dialog and wait for the user to somehow close it before continuing...

Note that GtkAda 1.2.8 includes a package called GtkAda.Dialogs which might be
exactly what you want, or at least which can be easily extended to support
your specific dialog.
Have a look at the implementation there.