[newbie][gtkada] Latest Release minor bug with Win32 Port

Emmanuel Briot briot at gnat.com
Fri Jul 28 15:06:24 CEST 2000

 > But when I go to make the scribble, make complains that
 > gtkada-config can't be found, and the only place that I
 > can locate it is in the GTKADA-1.3.8\docs folder, where
 > it is named gtkada-config.1 (looks like an AdaGide
 > temporary file).  I don't really know what to do with
 > this, but scribble doesn't want to make without it.

gtkada-config is a shell script used on Unix systems to automatically provide
the switches to gnatmake, as in :
   gnatmake scribble `gtkada-config`

Unfortunately, this is not doable as is on Windows, and you will have to
specify the switches yourself. Not being a Windows user myself, I don't know
really what could be done to automate this, but presumably it could be
possible to insert some keys in the registry, as is done, I think, in the
InstallShield we made for GtkAda in the public release of GNAT 3.13p
(not out yet, no need to rush to your favorite ftp site).

All I can recommend for now is to wait until the release of that InstallShield
and try to install it. In the meanwhile, you can of course simply specify the
switches on the command line yourself.