[gtkada] Documentation generation tool

Arnaud Charlet charlet at ACT-Europe.FR
Tue Jul 4 17:54:24 CEST 2000

> I guess you are talking about docs/gtkada_rm/generate_doc.pl? (it took
> me some time to find it, as there is no mention of it at all in
> README, INSTALL or any other file byt docs/gtkada_rm/Makefile)

I see your point, and I agree that "critical" was probably a bit overstated.

My point was that this script is definitely part of the original GtkAda
distributions, but is primarily an internal tool, which means that we do
not have to document it as you apparently expected it to be (in readme, docs
and so on).

Now, we have no problem if people find this tool useful and want to use it for
their own purpose, which is why we distribute and reference it.

What was unfortunate is the miscomunnication between someone talking about
the original GtkAda distributions, and someone referring to its GtkAda
installation (in this case a debian package), and assuming that these
were identical, leading to the conclusion that this tool wasn't distributed.

Arno