[gtkada] GtkAda and Gate

Emmanuel Briot briot at gnat.com
Fri Aug 11 15:34:10 CEST 2000

Martin Simirenko writes:
 > After successfully installing and running glade, when trying to export
 > the Ada code I got the error message:

You did not specify how you installed how you installed GtkAda: was it from
the rpm packages, or directly from sources after recompiling it yourself ?

You also forgot to specify which system you are working on, and I did not find
any clue in your mail regarding that. We need this information before being
able to help you.

 >     Error running gate to generate the Ada95 source code.  Check that
 > you have gate installed and it it in your PATH.
 >
 > After checking this (it was in path) I tried to run gate manually:
 >
 > > gate project1.glade
 >
 > This however caused the error: gate-in.exe: command not found.

These are obviously installation problems, you should redo your installation
of GtkAda from scratch (no need to reinstall the other packages gtk+, glib,
Gnat, ... for now).

 > Searching my system - but to no avail - I could not find gate-in.exe.  I
 > then downloaded the file "GtkAda-devel-1.2.2" which contained the
 > gate-in.exe file, and a few other libraries etc.  However this rpm could
 > not be installed properly, so I simply grabbed the gate-in.exe file out
 > and put it into place.  Now gate gave this error:
 >
 >     gate-in.exe: error in loading shared lib's: libgnat-3.11p.so.1
 > .....No such file

You can not get any version of the executables and expect it to work. If you
are trying to work with GtkAda 1.2.8, you have to get the appropriate sources
as well. gate-in.exe was compiled with a previous version of GNAT, and you
thus need a more recent version.