[gtkada] Problems with tree widget

emartel at cic.teleco.ulpgc.es emartel at cic.teleco.ulpgc.es
Fri Aug 11 11:10:52 CEST 2000

Hello

   My platform is Linux, Debian 2.2. I've been testing the same with
GtkAda 1.2.7 and 1.2.6. GtkAda 1.2.7 has the same problem: I've
got a "constraint error" when I try to add a new item; however, in
GtkAda 1.2.6 there isn't such an error.

  I need to add items to the tree in my application. That's why I'm
using the Gtk_Tree.

	Thanks

	Ernestina

On 9 Aug 2000, at 19:07, Emmanuel Briot wrote:

> emartel at cic.teleco.ulpgc.es writes:
>  >    I've installed the GtkAda1.2.8 without problem, however when I try
>  > to add an item to the tree widget in the testgtk, I have a "constraint
>  > error". It seems to be wrong. Has someone solved the problem? I
>  > need such widget for my application where I have to add items
>  > serveral times.
>
> Ernestina:
>
> you did not specify on which platform this was. However, I was able to
> reproduce this on my linux machine, and we will make sure to fix the demo
> before the next release of GtkAda.
> However, this shouldn't be a problem for you if you want to use the Gtk_Tree
> widget in your own application.
>
> It is interesting to know that the authors of gtk+ recommand in fact to use
> Gtk_Ctree, which is far more powerful and less broken. This is by the way the
> only solution if you want to include pixmaps in your tree.
>
> Emmanuel

Ernestina Martel Jordan
Dpto. de Ingenieria Telematica
Despacho 211. Pabellon C.