[gtkada] Problems with tree widget

Emmanuel Briot briot at gnat.com
Wed Aug 9 19:07:55 CEST 2000

emartel at cic.teleco.ulpgc.es writes:
 >    I've installed the GtkAda1.2.8 without problem, however when I try
 > to add an item to the tree widget in the testgtk, I have a "constraint
 > error". It seems to be wrong. Has someone solved the problem? I
 > need such widget for my application where I have to add items
 > serveral times.

Ernestina:

you did not specify on which platform this was. However, I was able to
reproduce this on my linux machine, and we will make sure to fix the demo
before the next release of GtkAda.
However, this shouldn't be a problem for you if you want to use the Gtk_Tree
widget in your own application.

It is interesting to know that the authors of gtk+ recommand in fact to use
Gtk_Ctree, which is far more powerful and less broken. This is by the way the
only solution if you want to include pixmaps in your tree.