[gtkada] GtkAda and tasking

Jean-Pierre Rosen rosen.adalog at wanadoo.fr
Tue Apr 18 09:54:02 CEST 2000

I have a multi-tasks program, in which one of the tasks is in charge of the
UI. (although the doc is not perfectly clear on multi-task issues, I came
rapidly to the conclusion that it is better to have only one task use
GtkAda).

Here is the problem:
Other tasks need to communicate with the UI task, but the UI task is
normally stuck in the main loop. Apparently, if another task calls
Gtk.Main.Main_Quit, this forces the UI task out of the main loop, but only
after an UI event (i.e. moving the mouse over the window). Is there a way to
not even have to wait for a window event ?

I am trying to avoid polling and active loops (with delays), so please don't
suggest this! My question is about finding a fully blocking solution.
           J-P. Rosen (Rosen.Adalog at wanadoo.fr)
Visit Adalog's web site at http://pro.wanadoo.fr/adalog