[gps-users] On ubuntu 10.04 cannot find"libpyglib-2.0-python.so.0"

Francesco Piraneo G. liste at iface.ch
Wed Sep 15 18:12:04 CEST 2010

>> Everything works fine in windows so I think it's a platform related
>> problem.
>
> I suspect this has to do with the fact that Linux filesystems are always
> case-sensitive whereas Windows filesystems are not. What happens if you
> rename the file TemperatureConverter.adb to temperatureconverter.adb?

YES! It works! :-)

> (and maybe you should follow the Ada Quality and Style Guide convention:
> Temperature_Converter, temperature_converter.adb).

That's true!
But it's also true that IMHO gps has to respect the case on a case
sensitive environment... bug?! ;-)

> About your first problem (finding shared libraries): Linux does not use
> $PATH to locate shared libraries, it uses $LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  Maybe you
> should check that when running GPS from GNAT GPL 2010 (/usr/bin/gnat-gps
> does not have this problem as it only uses the default library path).

Ok, so: I noted that the packages shipped with ubuntu has some problems
(on the project tree the source components are not expanded); this
problem doesn't appears with the adacore binaries, so I'll use them.

Actually I just have a nasty message when I start gps like:

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module":
libcanberra-gtk-module.so: impossibile aprire il file oggetto condiviso:
Nessun file o directory

(no shared object...)

This doesn't happens when I run gps as superuser (root) so I think
that's only a permissions problem.
I installed the first time gps with my user profile then with superuser
profile but nothing changes.

Actually all the files in /usr/gnat/bin and /usr/gnat/lib are owned by
me as user and may be read and executed by anyone; I don't know if there
is something wrong about that.

But actually (despite the above message) the IDE seems to works
correctly so thank you very much for your help!

Francesco