[gps-users] On ubuntu 10.04 cannot find"libpyglib-2.0-python.so.0"

Bartley, M. James jbartley at levelplatforms.com
Wed Sep 15 16:06:22 CEST 2010

> I've seen that you don't test gps on ubuntu; by the way consider that

I'm not at home right now to look at my Ubuntu 10.04 setup so I'm
writing this from vague memory but I too had a problem getting "gps" to
run at all whereas "gps_exe" limped somewhat.

What I found was in (something like) <gnat_install_dir>/lib there was
symbolic link to one of two included X display runtime support
directories (XOrg and X86Free, if I recall correctly).

Switching that symbolic link to point at the other directory made all my
initial problems go away and GPS 2010 GPL has run without issue since
(to the very limited extent that I play with it).

I'll double-check this when I get home tonight, but try this for now.

 - james