[gps-users] Still Trying to Build on Fedora 8

R. B. Love rblove_lists at comcast.net
Fri Mar 7 00:39:44 CET 2008

Guys, I hope I can finish building GPS this week.  Here is where it was
left at:

>> Then I stopped with this:
>> gcc -c -g -gnatec=/home/rlove/gps/gps/gnat_debug.adc -g -O1 -gnata
>> -gnatVa -gnatQ -gnaty -gnatwaCJe -gnat05 -I- -gnatA
>> /home/rlove/gps/kernel/src_info/projects-registry.adb
>> projects-registry.adb:1964:07: no candidate interpretations match the
>> actuals:
>> projects-registry.adb:1964:07: too many arguments in call to
>> "Pretty_Print" projects-registry.adb:1972:10: unmatched actual "Id"
>> in call gnatmake:
>> "/home/rlove/gps/kernel/src_info/projects-registry.adb" compilation
>> error make[1]: *** [internal-build] Error 4
>>
>> Any tips or hints for this?
>>

> You are not using the right version of the GNAT sources (in particular
> prj-pp.ads)

Hm, that's strange.  I seem to only have two copies of the file
prj-pps.ads on my system:

rlove at falcon> locate prj-pp.ads
/home/rlove/ada/prj-pp.ads
/home/rlove/ada/.svn/text-base/prj-pp.ads.svn-base
/home/rlove/gps/gnat/prj-pp.ads

The one in the gps directory is the one that came with this project and
the one in the ada directory came from following the instructions in the
INSTALL file where it says to check out source from svn co
svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk/gcc/ada   Both files are as new as this
week.

There is no difference between the files:
diff /home/rlove/gps/gnat/prj-pp.ads /home/rlove/ada/prj-pp.ads
rlove at falcon>

So I assume neither file is the correct one.  Let me turn this into a
concrete question:  Where do I get the correct file?