[gps-users] How to use GPS as a FORTRAN workbench?

Arjan van Dijk Arjan.van.Dijk at rivm.nl
Sat Mar 1 20:50:35 CET 2008

Hi!

I am writing fortran-90 code and use the g95 compiler on a Windows-XP box.
Compilation is done via the commandline. Debugging is done via
write-statements.

Then I found GPS, which reminded me of the good old Turbo-Pascal IDE. The
looks and functionality of GPS for ADA-applications are very convincing.
The website promised "multiple languages". I hope this does not refer to
german, english or french, but to programming languages.

Neither in the tutorial, nor in the user-guide, could I find any reference
on how to work with fortran. My projects consist of a bunch of f90
source-files for MODULES (fortran libraries) and a main-program. I'd like
to have GPS do with my fortran-projects what is shown in the tutorial
examples for ADA-code.

Who can tell me how to proceed?

ps. I don't use "makefiles". Instead, I wrote a small utility program that
(recursively) checks my main program for dependencies on modules. Then the
required files are placed in a list, which I use to offer to the compiler,
along with some compile-flags and other stuff.

Thanks,

Arjan