[gps-users] GPS 2007

Philippe Tarroux philippe.tarroux at limsi.fr
Wed May 30 15:01:50 CEST 2007

Hello everybody,

Playing with GPS and the project file, i wanted to change the order in which
the values of a scenario variable are displayed. When i try to do it with
the interface, the generated configuration file contains errors (multiple
definition of the same variable). The only robust solution is to edit the
project file.

I also observed an (unrelated) problem with the file selection window: i ran
into a configuration where the display of the file and folder tree is very
slow (the program get stuck on the top of the file tree for minutes). Once
the first folder had been opened, there was no more problem with the
subfolders but the problem came again each time i tried to use the file
selector. Additionally, one of my installation (under XP) memorizes the
previously selected folder while another (under W2k) doesn't even after the
problem has been fixed.

The only way to fix the problem was to clean the preferences file in in the
.gps configuration folder.

By the way, is there a place where this kind of small bug should be reported
instead of sending a message to the whole community each time a one is
found?

Philippe Tarroux